Monday, May 21, 2007

More radio station wins

I got a pass for the premiere of "Waitress". I enjoyed it.

Fox Searchlight gave out goody bags. Most of the contents didn't interest me so I offered it up on Ottawa Freecycle. I got a few requests for it and gave it to the guy who told me his wife had gone to the premiere but didn't get a bag and he'd like to surprise her with it. I thought that was sweet (and a sign that he's well trained :-). About a half hour after he picked it up, the wife called me to say she thinks she and her husband were sitting beside me in the theatre. They were. Small world!

I've entered a number of raffles on the stations' websites but never win. I really wanted to win front row seats to Faith Hill/Tim McGraw so bought 150 entries. So much for the more you buy, the better chance you have to win.

On one of the other station sites, I bought 5 or 10 entries for the new Steven Wright DVD...and won!

No comments: